Tuesday, January 10, 2012

can't sleep words won't stop

Warning, run on sentence: Interestingly enough, the other night, after I had complained here about sometimes not being able to sleep because the words wouldn't stop, for the first time in years, I couldn't sleep because the words wanted out.  

I lay there in the dark, tossing and turning and there was this sentence, this combination of words that needed out.  My husband offered to bring me my laptop or bring me a journal or even a piece of paper.  Unfortunately, having stayed up really late for a work night, I declined, and...now I can't find those words again. But I thought it was a start.  Maybe a crack, a chink in the wall.

Something
 is happening, something good.  Sure, maybe I'm forcing it, but not by just sitting staring at my computer screen or a blank journal but by continuing to write at least something every week I'm practicing my skills.  Maybe not what I think I should be writing and maybe it's not on par with the skill I know I have or as easily as I once did, but that one night was an encouragement to me.

Just thought you should know.

~   

No comments:

Post a Comment