Tuesday, August 27, 2013

New Projects

Moving to Arizona put a hold on so many things for me – the hardest being my photography.  It’s been months since I've really sat down and processed any pictures and longer since I’d sent any to be printed, or even taken any pictures.  Months since I've thought about any of the projects I had planned.  Yet for the past couple weeks I've been anxious to get started.  Why hadn't I?  This, that, or the other.  Mainly because we weren't quite settled yet, so there were (and still are) so many chores, little things that need to be done.  Today, I’m chomping at the bit to be able to set up my computer and monitor and have at it.


Several things have put me really in the mood to get back into my photography.  First, last night I spent about an hour going through many of my pictures to fill a picture frame for “family” and another one for puppies.  It was fun going through my pictures again and then also seeing a multitude of pictures I haven’t actually processed yet and had nearly forgotten about.  There are entire events that I have only processed a few pictures from, and some I've not processed any pictures yet! 

The second thing that is exciting me again is having a project – and something that’s not just a book (I AM still going to do a book, but this is even more fun).  My office is almost entirely dedicated to my photography.  I've got two canvases on the wall that are mine and another print – these are already hung.  Then I've got another print waiting to hang.   Every day I get to see pictures I created hanging on my walls. 

Related to that second thing is a big project I’m excited about.  We've dedicated an entire wall in our house to my photography.  I’m going to fill it with prints of various shapes and sizes, different papers and textures with no huge, overall theme except the pictures will all be something I created.  We’ll slowly fill the wall, and then as I create more prints, start switching them out and rotating them.  I am crazy excited about this project and hope to start tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment