Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My Photography in 2013

At the beginning of this year I had a nice plan for working more on photography.  And it actually worked for about a month or so, and then life got in the way.  I haven’t abandoned my photography – not at all!  I’ve even tried out a new (to me) type of lens (I rented a macro and fell in love with it).  The end result is fairly similar, yet the path I've taken so far is different.

I have not yet finished my CS6 class, although I did get a lot farther.  I did start on another couple classes about photography and learned more than a few things from them.  I haven’t worked much on my book for Europe (I have another project in mind that I need to finish soon as a “test” for my Europe project).  I have kept printing out my pictures.  I got another canvas (my white tiger), printed out more metallic papered pictures (an awesome picture of a lorikeet and a cute picture of my cousin’s son) and even printed a picture on a metal plate (my chimp). 

In fact, my cousin has the most adorable two (almost three) year old ever (well, she makes cute babies, period, cause her daughter is also cute as a button).  Anyway, I've been stealing C on Friday’s to take him someplace fun; the zoo, a park, the aquarium, Children’s Museum, etc.  And everywhere I take him, I bring my camera, ready for that perfect shot.  And there have definitely been perfect shots.  It’s great experience; love spending time with C, and getting experience capturing the amazing expressions and feelings of a child.  

In a nutshell, I've learned to be flexible with how I get somewhere, as long as the destination remains the same.  And, I’m still excited about the journey. 

More to come shortly about my soon to be adventure in Arizona.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment